We’ve all been their before. Standing by a packet of flea prevention applications and not remembering when we last applied them. Or realizing one morning we forgot to give our four-legged friend his medication last night.
A healthy BARF diet will reduce the number of times you need to see a vet. But when medicine is unavoidable, use any of the following tricks to remember his medical care (this can also apply to grooming and other regular needs, by the way).
- On each dose of flea and tick control, write the date you wish to apply it on the foil backing.
- Use a to list app that lets you set recurring tasks. Include any medications, prevantative treatments, and grooming. You can easily adjust things as circumstance changes.
- Write down all the important times or dates on a prominent surface like your fridge. I use Krystal boards so I simply can’t miss it.
- In the spirit of the previous point, I love Lifehacker’s suggestion of writing reminders on your bathroom mirror using a dry-erase marker.
- Set up an e-mail reminder. You can do this easily with free programs like LetterMeLater.com.
- Place a post-it note or a cute Do Not Forget door hanger on your front door.
- Finally, consider a pet-specific tool like the iPhone app Pet Dossier. This app serves as a repository of informatoin about your pets. You can set it to alert you about medications and other needs.
I’ve given you plenty of options, so hopefully you find one that suits your own preferences. Let me know in the comments if you have any tricks up your sleeve.
Guest Writer Ashlee McCullen is a staff writer for Apron Addicts, a website about kitchen fashion and home style. She also writes about mobile technology and self-improvement.