Over the last month there have been over a dozen pet foods recalled, raising an increasing concern for pet food regulations and safety in this country. Surprisingly, the recalled brands are not all the low-end feed one would associate with a recall. While this is a disturbing trend, perhaps it is also a sign that more pet owners are realizing that pets are not just pets — but part of our family who deserve quality foods and an equal chance at a happy, healthy life and a perfect time to start thinking and transitioning over to a barf diet. Here is a look at the pet food brands that have been placed on the FDA recall list, many done so voluntarily. Please help spread the word and share this list with other pet owner friends and family.
- 5/20/2012 – Diamond Pet Foods [Various flavors]
- 5/10/2012 – Purina Veterinary Diets Overweight Management Feline Formula (Nestle Purina)
- 5/8/2012 – Solid Gold WolfKing Large Breed (Solid Gold Health Products for Pets, Inc)
- 5/5/2012 – 4Health [Various flavors] (Diamond Pet Foods)
- 5/5/2012 – Canidae [Various flavors] (Canidae Pet Foods)
- 5/5/2012 – Chicken Soup For the Pet Lover’s Soul [Various flavors] (Diamond Pet Foods)
- 5/5/2012 – Country Value [Various flavors] (Diamond Pet Foods)
- 5/5/2012 – Premium Edge [Various flavors] (Diamond Pet Foods)
- 5/5/2012 – Professional [Various flavors] (Diamond Pet Foods)
- 5/5/2012 – Taste of the Wild [Various flavors] (Diamond Pet Foods)
- 5/4/2012 – Apex Chicken & Rice (Apex Pet Foods)
- 5/4/2012 – Natural Balance – Various Flavors (Natural Balance)
- 5/4/2012 – Wellness Complete Health Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy (Wellpet LLC)
- 3/9/2012 – Various Chicken Jerky Products – FDA continues to caution consumers about feeding chicken jerky products to dogs.