Switching your dog to a raw meat diet?
Here are some tips to help with the conversion:
- Try to heat the diet slightly to change the temperature and then each day back it down to feeding it raw.
- Add a little warm water to the mix and make a slurry out of the diet.
- Sprinkle a little powdered garlic on the diet. They love garlic.
- Try different varieties of protein choices to find one they like.
- Don’t let them win you over. Be persistent and keep trying to get them to convert.
Their health is at stake – don’t quit trying to convert them to the new diet.
Most dogs will have no problems doing a fast conversion (a slow conversion is always suggested when the immune system has been compromised from antibiotics, steroids or vaccinations).