Such an important decision like this should come after a diligent search on the internet, reviewing company sales literature, and scanning customer testimonials and reviews. This way, once the decision is made to switch your dog or cat to a raw food diet you are more likely to stay on this course because you understand the importance and benefits of this decision. After 33 years manufacturing, selling and observing the beneficial results of this type of diet choice for your dog or cat I feel qualified to render the following opinions on your choice.
- Improved dental hygiene
- Cleans teeth and makes breath fresher and
eliminates doggie odor.
- Much less stools produced – firm consistency, and turn chalky after a couple
of days. Indicator of good future health.
- Decreased or non-existant vet bills (your
dogs are healthier and don’t need treatment)
- Reasonable cost compared to a premium
- Slows down growth of muscle and bone
development in growing pups.
- Higher activity level because the animal feels
better and utilizes nutrients better.
- Improved immune system that helps to relieve
allergies and arthritis.
- Elimination of soluble carbohydrates in dry
food yields better weight control
- Extended longevity
- Better breeding success
- Provides living enzymes and phyto-nutrients that
are normally destroyed in heat processed food.
Why not raw
- Possible higher bacterial concern
- Less convenient to feed than a kibble diet
- Possible higher cost
- Travel limitations with frozen food
- Increased learning curve required
Maybe it is time to weigh the advantages and benefits in order to make a better diet choice.