Not long ago we were asked by a potential new distributor of The Barf Diet for our top 5 selling benefits over our competitors who sell raw diets that our currently on the market place. We quickly responded with 5 keys points which I have outlined below.
After reading and rereading the 5 reasons it got me thinking, are these really unique? The answer I keep dreaming about is, no there is really nothing unique in fact many companies might claim very similar reasons why they are different. So with that said lets review and critic.
1. We are the original pioneers in this industry. Dr. Billinghurst for over 25 years has been advocating feeding bones and raw food and has seen the health benefits derived from feeding this way (along with 3 books that he has authored). I have over 30 years experience with manufacturing and sales of raw meat diets, longest of any of our competitors. I have just finished writing a new ebook on the advantages of living enzymes. We plan to use this ebook to help with raw diet conversions. Will be available within 30 days!
Okay this is all true so this is a valid point. Does it make us any better? (the ebook is available now)
2. Packaging- all of our new packaging is state of the art graphics with ziplock closures. It presents a real retail friendly package. I have furnished you with the prototype of the new packaging- you are the first to see it.
We are not unique as far as ziplock goes, and many of our competitors have zip lock and actually we don’t have zip lock bags yet, we have been working on the design for a long time and are hoping to launch the new packaging in about 2 – 3 months.
3. Pricing- we are not the cheapest and not the most expensive. We feel we have the best product formulation at a fair price.
True we are not the most expensive or the cheapest. Yes we do believe we have the best formulation but I would imagine that all our competitors think the same thing of their own products.
4. Formulation- Our formulas have been proven for over 30 years. They work and they are well accepted by the pets we feed. We meet the requirements of AFFCO and use only the finest human grade ingredients. We are not a copy cat company- we are the ones that started it all. We stand behind our products with a 100% no questions asked 60- day consumer guarantee.
Although BARF World is only about 6 years old we do have over 30 years experience in raw meats. It was not until we formed BARF World that we started using veggies in our patties and yes we were the first (at least on a commercial basis) to add veggies. We do stand behind our products, as our guarantee demonstrates.
5. We offer by far the best customer service of all our competitors. I am available 24/7 to offer my experience and consultations for customer concerns.
Up to this point everything was reasonable but this one really got me laughing (or maybe I’m just coo coo). Available 24/7? Okay I gave it a try and phoned our number on Sunday morning at 7:30am, only to get a voicemail message that we are available from Monday thru Friday 7am – 5pm Pacific time. Is that 24/7? I better go back to school. And best customer service? I want to believe this is true but I would imagine our competitors make the same statement.
Okay we better go back to school and rewrite our top 5.
I would like to start of with, we are the only raw dog food company, that pokes fun at its own top 5 reasons why we are better than our competitors. Now we just have to come up with 4 more.
Published by Ed Noon